Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dirty little secret/confession

I will try to share a dirty little secret weekly. Here is this weeks:

I have been wanting to get Blaine into a Britax car seat for a few months now. I couldn't fathom spending $300.00 when the one he was in worked fine, just not as safe and the stupid straps always became a twisted mess. So, I was at Target the other week and BAM- right there in front of me were 2 Britax car seats- on CLEARANCE people!!!! I love me some clearance. Marked down to $199.00 I was SOLD! It was the exact one I wanted for him (as far as the name). I got home and I didn't take it out of the box for a few days, until Brian was ready to install it and O-M-G, it was PINK! LOL

Typical Nicole move right here. Blaine doesn't seem to mind, he occasionally says "That car seat is for a gurllll" LOL

Yes, we decided to keep it, good thing the windows are tinted. There you have it, my dirty little secret/confession.

7 comments:

Jenn's way said...

Man, you must have been desperate to save that $100.00, lol
I hope the poor boy doesn't get a complex, don't let his friends see that!
You know I love you, right!?

Anonymous said...

sticker shock huh..

Karissa said...

LMAO! I would love to have seen your face when you opened that box! If little Blaine starts to get a complex, just google "britax marathon covers" there are a ton of them! I just ordered Leilicious a super cute one cuz she is inheriting my little sisters, since kai is still in his :)

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

ha ha Jenn, right. I was looking at the covers today Karissa. I am going to purchase one, I wouldn't make him ride around in pink....want mine Karissa, free?! lol

The Magill Family said...

Too funny! Can't believe Brian let you take pics of him in it!LOL!! Glad to see he will be getting a carseat for "boys" soon!

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

Brian teases him girl, he'd be the one to let him ride pink.....have you seen my hubbys collection of pink shirts? All tatted up wearing pink...LOL

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that you could just buy a new cover although then you haven't saved what you indeed wanted to.
Michelle